|First Hour Minimum||➙||Every 15 Min. / After First Hour||Reduced Co-Pay Participants|
EDI’s Emergency Transportation service is designed to assist clients who experience an unforeseen transportation need.
For example: a client’s wheelchair breaks down and they have no other means to safely get home, or a client needs to go to an urgent medical appointment.
We have a lift-equipped van to transport clients and/or wheelchairs, scooters and other adaptive equipment originating within Berkeley to a destination within a mile of Berkeley.
- Demand response rides are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-midnight and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am-midnight. Non-emergency, demand-response rides cannot be scheduled the day before. All EDI rides must remain within one mile of the city of Berkeley.
When you need a ride call our dispatch line at (510) 704-2111 an hour before you need service.
On Demand Berkeley Para-transit
- EDI’s non-emergency, demand-response lift-equipped van service is available to clients, who are also clients of Berkeley Para-transit Services and utilize the city’s Wheelchair-Van Program.
How it Works
- Non-emergency, demand response rides are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-midnight and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am-midnight. Non-emergency, demand-response rides cannot be scheduled the day before. All EDI rides must remain within one mile of the city of Berkeley.
How to Pay
- Berkeley Para-transit on demand rides can only be paid for with a Green van voucher or Orange van voucher obtained through Berkeley Para-Transit.
How to Become a Berkeley Para-transit Client
- You must first become certified with East Bay Para-transit go to their website for more information on the registration process here http://www.eastbayparatransit.org or call (510) 287-5000.
Once you are certified with East Bay Para-transit you then can become registered with Berkeley Para-transit. For more information on the registration process here click here:
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=3992 or call (510) 981-5190